Monday, August 25, 2008

It's a Matter of Timing

How many times have we all heard that it is "a matter of timing?" The problem becomes who's timing? As a Christian I have been taught and I believe that God's time is not our own. The best example I can come up with is of a little child. For those who have kids you will understand. When Junior wants to do something we tell him that he will need to wait a minute, even if we are true to the 60 second minute, for him it seems like an hour has passed. Our children do not have a good perspective of time. For them an hour seems like an eternity, and sometimes it is the same for us.
As I said before I fully believe that God will act in his time and in the best manner possible, but sometimes in my human body (captured in time and space) it is difficult to wait. I pray daily that God will give me the patience I need to see his hand at work in my life and I pray that he will prevent me from trying to take control of my situation and make things happen. I want him to do his will in and through my life. Please join with me in that prayer. If we could all just submit to the Christ as the head and allow him to function through us, what amazing things we might accomplish for the kingdom.

No comments: