Sunday, August 31, 2008

What's free?

This past week I started my job at CVS Pharmacy. One of the displays that we have hanging from the ceiling says "What's Free, check your receipt." As I was looking at it one night I began to think about what really is free in this world. Not a lot, but there was one thing that did come to my mind. God's grace is free and available to all people. It is a wonderful message filled with hope. "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8

Since we have such a great message about hope, salvation, and grace then why are people so turned off by Christianity? Could it be that we as Christians are not living it out in a way that really shows what it means to be a follower of Christ? Maybe, we need to really begin to think about that and see what we come up with? Maybe we need to ask the question "What's Free, check your Bible."

No comments: